Monday, March 18, 2013

Another Reason It's Sweet To Be

I'm just back from a Cooking class at the Chefs Retail store in Colorado Springs. I've assisted the Classes there for the last 5 years and have enjoyed so many classes. To work behind the Chefs is inspiring. So I've wanted to create a Blog to keep an account of my own baking and cooking adventures. So here it is and eventually we will see what it shall be. But no matter what it will become I always want to feel just "sweet to be" and hence the name. A reminder to be thankful for just life itself. This is something I'm always trying to remind myself, to have a better sense of the now, and being pleased and happy to be in it. Baking always pleases me. It brings out the best, even if I feel my worst. Perhaps it is the creative nature of it, or the just letting go and focusing on what can be made. It's peaceful.
Yesterday for St. Paddy's day I baked a Guinness Chocolate Cake. What a grand experience! I started grumpy. My son and friend were underneath us with his new drum set and his friend's electric guitar. Hours of LOUD music and in our little cottage at the base of Pikes Peak in Colorado, there is only the living room (I can't disappear to the kids' rooms) and I thought the cellar would muffle the noise- NOT! So baking (not reading) seemed a good option. Soon I was in my own world, of warmed Guinness and Cocoa. The recipe is from a lovely website my daughter found- http://globaltableadventure.com/2011/08/04/recipe-dark-chocolate-guinness-cake-with-baileys-buttercream/ and thanks to the author's instructions I successfully baked & frosted my cake. Oh what a great cake. Rich, moist and strong- doesn't take much to satisfy and when I was done I was again happy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment